Kith for the Purple Planet

This isn't something I do often enough, but I am hoping to improve. Basically, my work life is horrendous, and it has been seriously getting in the way of whet really matters, i.e. gaming. This is the reason I am well behind on posting campaign updates here, as well as almost entirely inactive on my figure gaming blog. However, the lockdown means that, strangely, I am getting through the admin and emails much more efficiently than if I were physically at work. In between times, I am painting more, partly as a way of keeping me sane, but also to break up the screen time. I'll write some emails, paint a colour, mark an essay, paint a colour, and so on.

This means that I am finally making progress on various stalled painting projects, among which is my fantasy stuff. I have slowly been refurbishing all of my (really old!) figures, many of them painted originally with enamels. They have dulled down really badly, but a quick highlight with acrylics is doing wonders. I have also been buying some figures that I know will come in handy for the Stormbringer campaign, although we usually finish the particular scenario before I get them painted. Still, they will always be handy for future use.

I am still in the middle of updating the players' shenanigans with the Desert of Desolation mega-module, but for various reasons that will be explained in due course, they have ended up on the wonderful Purple Planet by Goodman Games. So I bought some Mantic miniatures to represent the Kith:

These are actually meant to be trolls for Mantic's fantasy wargames rules, but the addition of a few tattoos makes them nice Kith-alikes. The Purple Planet is nowhere near this verdant, but it'll do for a quick photo. The party has gained the undying loyalty of two Kith they have nicknamed Keith and Fred because their real names are unpronounceable. Basically, the group saved the lives of the two Kith warriors after they were left for dead by their own people. You can probably tell I had real fun painting these...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post

The Dam in the Hills

The Halls of Tizun Thane